Position: Accenture Media Relations Internship
- Assist the Director, Media Relations (Canada) in executing media relations strategy for Canada, and attend/record/participate in strategy meetings as required.
- Assemble briefing materials for media interviews and preparation.
- Logistics for meetings and media interviews as required.
- Proactive pitching campaign – lead at least one proactive media pitching campaign.
- Create targeted news release distribution lists.
- Writing, editing and proofreading media relations materials.
- Social media support for PR activities.
- Apply for corporate awards, assembling application packages.
Skills and Experience
- Student or recent graduate in journalism, public relations, communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of technology and/or business is strongly preferred
- Creative mindset and comfortable working independently or as a group
- Media-savvy and social media aware. (You read the news every day and not just on Twitter!)
- Previous experience at a media organization, PR agency, or related work is helpful
- Positive energy, strong ethics, and solid understanding of Accenture’s core values
- French language capabilities, verbal and written an asset
Accenture (NYSE: ACN) is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 394,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.ca.