About the award
Estimated at $1,500.
This award recognizes academic proficiency and financial need in students entering the four-year BJ program.
Since receiving its charter in 1986, the Toronto Hong Kong Lions Club has supported the local community through funding for healthcare, scholarships and partnerships with the United Way. This scholarship for an incoming journalism student was established in 1991.
- Applicants must be entering the first year of the four-year Bachelor of Journalism program at the time of application
- Students must submit a letter outlining financial need.
- A completed student budget form and FIPPA consent form.
Your application package must include:
- A cover sheet stating only: the award you are applying for, your name, your student number, your year of study and your CGPA (in that order). This cover sheet is for administrative purposes only. Please do not include any additional information on the cover sheet;
- a letter outlining financial need;
- Student Budget Form
- FIPPA consent form.
2018 Kayla Zhu
2017 Kiriti Vyas
2016 Josee Foster
2015 Thomas Southmayd
2014 Tiana Stephenson
2013 Robert Foreman
2012 Jasmin Husain
2011 Michael Derman
2010 Maria Juliana Assaf
2009 Nicole Clark