The Canadian Media Guild / CWA Canada has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Media Organizer. This is a one-year position working out of our Toronto office.
The successful candidate will work with CMG / CWA Canada staff, elected officials and members to develop and carry out campaigns to help grow the union among workers in media-related jobs, with a particular focus on online/digital media. This position is largely self-directed but the organizer will report to the presidents of CMG and CWA Canada.
Wages and benefits are set according to the provisions of the union collective agreement.
The ideal candidate is energetic and self-motivated, with:
* Experience leading union campaigns
* Well-developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Experience using social media to support a campaign
* Experience writing for and updating websites
* Ability to co-ordinate and motivate volunteers
* Demonstrated research ability
* Knowledge of the broader media industry
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* Knowledge of best practices in union organizing
CMG/ CWA Canada represents 6,000 members across Canada, including nearly 5,000 CMG members at CBC, The Canadian Press, Thomson Reuters, the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network, TVO, TFO, Shaw Media and ZoomerMedia, as well as media freelancers. Find out more at www.cmg.ca and cwa-scacanada.ca
We encourage applications from all equity seeking groups.
Please email a covering letter and resume to email@example.com or mail it to the attention of the Hiring Committee, Canadian Media Guild, 310 Front St. W., Suite 810, Toronto ON M5V 3B5.
The deadline is Friday, July 8, 2016.