About the award
Inspired by his own experience as the student recipient of a generous scholarship, financier Seymour Schulich established this award in 2009. It is intended to allow a deserving final-year BJ student the time to study and explore and enrich his or her sense of the world. Estimated at $20,000.
To be eligible for this award, a student must:
- be a full-time student enrolled in the third year of the BJ program;
- have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 and clear academic standing;
- demonstrate eligibility through submission of the application package.
- Application letter outlining interest and experience in financial journalism. This letter should include the student’s name, student number, CGPA, year of study and the name of the award they are applying for;
- Two or three samples of work completed in the area of financial journalism.