About the award
Inspired by his own experience as the student recipient of a generous scholarship, financier Seymour Schulich established this award in 2009. It is intended to allow a deserving final-year BJ student the time to study and explore and enrich his or her sense of the world. Estimated at $20,000.
To be eligible for this award, a student must:
- be a full-time student enrolled in the third year of the BJ program;
- have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 and clear academic standing;
- demonstrate eligibility through submission of the application package.
- Application letter outlining interest and experience in financial journalism;
- Two or three samples of work completed in the area of financial journalism.