About the award
Estimated at $1,000.
The Rolf Lockwood NewCom Scholarship was created to honour the career of NewCom Business Media writer and publisher Rolf Lockwood.
For the best example of a magazine article focusing on business journalism.
Rolf Lockwood is editorial director and publisher of Today’s Trucking, and a winner of the CBP Harvey Southam Editorial Career Award. He is one of the founding partners who created the magazine (and now website) from scratch, and 20 years later he’s still trucking!
- Applicants must be in the third or fourth year of the journalism program at the time of application;
- Students must be in clear academic standing, with a minimum GPA of 3.30 (B+);
- Students must have written and submitted the best example of a magazine article focusing on business journalism over the previous year;
- Students must include a cover letter explaining how they meet the criteria above and what business journalism means to them.
Your application must include:
- A cover letter stating only the award you are applying for, your name, your student number, your year of study and your CGPA;
- a letter explaining how they meet the criteria above and what business journalism means to them. Please include your name, year of study, student number and CGPA in the letter’s header;
- a magazine article focusing on business journalism, written over the previous year.