About the award
Established out of the generosity of Scott Lauder, who taught English literature to Ryerson journalism students for more than three decades. The award helps cover expenses associated with an out-of-town internship course placement and is given to a student who might not otherwise be able to finance such a placement. Estimated at $1,500.
Apply during the fall term for this award. Details will be posted and delivered to students annually via email.
Time of Award
When the internship is secured or completed, as determined by the Awards Committee.
To be eligible for this award, a student must:
- be a full-time student in clear academic standing enrolled in the undergraduate Internship course and pursuing an out-of-town placement;
- demonstrate financial need as determined by completion of the school’s Internship Budget Form
- demonstrate academic and professional merit in composition of the application letter and resumé.
- A cover sheet stating only: the award you are applying for, your name, your student number, your year of study and your CGPA (in that order). This cover sheet is for administrative purposes only. Please do not include any additional information on the cover sheet;
- internship Budget Form (as above).
- application letter (include information on the personal, professional, and/or financial significance of your non-local internship).
2017 Mansoor Tanweer
2016 Kayla Kuefler
2015 Cole Deakin
2014 Halla Imam
2013 Amir Tabrizian-Pour
2012 Jeyan Jeganathan
2011 Otiena Ellwand
2010 Joshua Bailie
2009 Lindsay Cotton