About the award
Awarded annually to a student entering or enrolled in Ryerson’s journalism program who faces substantial financial need and is in good academic standing.
Apply during the fall term for this award. Details will be posted and delivered to students annually via email.
To be eligible for this award, a student must:
- be a resident of Ontario;
- demonstrate financial need as determined by completion of the school’s Student Budget Form;
- be in good academic standing.
Your application package must include:
- A cover sheet stating only: the award you are applying for, your name, your student number, your year of study and your CGPA (in that order). This cover sheet is for administrative purposes only. Please do not include any additional information on the cover sheet;
- a letter indicating how this award would make a difference in your life;
- Student Budget Form
- FIPPA consent form.
CGPA will be taken into account if several applicants have similar financial situations.
2017 Kathryn Skelly
2016 Kayla McLaughlin
2015 Ophelie Zalcmanis-Lai
2014 Daksha Srirangan
2013 Ophelia Zalcmanis-Lai
2012 Kathyrn Bryan
2011 Joan Piloya
2010 Kate Spencer
2009 Barbora Simek