About the award
For a full-time, third-year BJ student who demonstrates excellence in applying journalistic principles of fairness, accuracy and good writing to online reporting.
This award is made possible by a generous pledge of annual support from the Korean Canadian Scholarship Foundation. As well as supporting academic excellence, the mission of the Foundation is to make a difference in the Korean-Canadian community and Canada in general by encouraging young leaders not only to achieve excellence in their chosen fields but to become valued citizens in their communities. Estimated at $3,000.
To be eligible for this award, a student must:
- submit online work completed in the academic year just ended, while the student was enrolled as a full-time, third-year student in the School of Journalism undergraduate program;
- have a minimum CGPA of 2.67;
- be in clear academic standing.
A completed application must include:
- application letter explaining how you meet the eligibility criteria;
- one example of a piece of reporting completed for the web in the academic year just ended, which demonstrates fairness, accuracy, good writing, and effective use of multimedia.