Looking for an energetic, focused, and eager journalism student or grad for a part-time communications-coordinator position. Rate: $15/hour.
Responsibilities will include:
Writing articles and creating content for newsletters, blogs, and websites
Keeping track of web and social media analytics
Interviewing clients and vendors
Social media activity – Driving traffic
Creating content for landing pages
Seeking and scheduling appointments
Researching and applying for speaking and podcast opportunities
Managing calendars and appointments
Interfacing with the media – podcast hosts, editors, publishers, radio hosts, etc.
And probably a whole lot of other things as they arise!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Versatile with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to meet deadlines and work well independently.
- Willing to do new things and try things that are a little unconventional.
- Able to be a part of a small team and is able to take direction and lead.
- Comfortable talking to strangers and has a high level of persistence.
- Quirky and fun and willing to work as an intimate part of a small team.
- A creative, resourceful problem solver who does not take rejection to heart.
Location: Periodic face-to-face meeting and check- ins, but most work can be done virtually.
If this has piqued your interest, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your résumé and a short note. Also please include several samples of your writing.
Looking forward to hearing from you.