About the award
For the graduating student showing the greatest interest and advancement in news reporting and writing.
Established in 1960, CNW Group provides news and information from public companies, associations, unions, not-for-profits, municipal, provincial and federal governments coast to coast and around the world. The Group operates bureaus in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa and Halifax, while CNW Telbec operates offices in Montreal and Quebec City.
To be eligible for this award, a student must:
- Be finishing the fourth-year in the School of Journalism;
- in clear academic standing;
- submit a letter (250 words maximum) outlining how they have changed and improved over their time at Ryerson with a demonstrated interest in reporting the news;
- submit an (optional) reference letter detailing how they have improved as a news reporter.
Your application must include:
- A cover sheet stating only: the award you are applying for, your name, your student number, your year of study and your CGPA (in that order). This cover sheet is for administrative purposes only. Please do not include any additional information on the cover sheet;
- a letter (250 words maximum) outlining how they have changed and improved over their time at Ryerson with a demonstrated interest in reporting the news;
- (optional) a reference letter detailing how they have improved as a news reporter.
2018 Sydney McInnis
2017 Alina Bykova
2016 Angelyn Francis
2015 Dillon Li
2014 Hillary Macdonald
2013 Jeyan Jeganathan
2012 Niki Singh
2011 Codianne Wilson
2011 Kim Hession
2010 Carmen Chai
2009 Danielle Wong