About the award
For the student who has produced the best photojournalism and has taken the RSJ photojournalism course.
Passionate about the power of photojournalism, Boris Spremo’s 40 year career took him all around the world. Through this award and Spremo’s legacy, the Spremo family hopes to inspire students with an interest in and passion for photojournalism.
To be eligible for this award, a student must:
- Be in the first, second or third year of the Undergraduate program at the Ryerson School of Journalism at the time of application;
- in clear academic standing;
- be currently taking or have previously taken the School of Journalism’s photojournalism course and received a minimum grade of B in the course.
- submit two pieces of photojournalism from the previous academic year
- these pieces cannot be stage or digitally manipulated
- submit an accompanying paragraph for each photo (200 words or less) on what it was important to take that particular photo.
Your application must include:
- A cover sheet stating only: the award you are applying for, your name, your student number, your year of study and your CGPA (in that order). This cover sheet is for administrative purposes only. Please do not include any additional information on the cover sheet;
- two pieces of photojournalism from the previous academic year. These pieces cannot be stage or digitally manipulated;
- an accompanying paragraph for each photo (200 words or less) on what it was important to take that particular photo.
2017 Sawyer Bogdan